Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dutch Babies

I mentioned Dutch Babies a couple months ago and Marla asked me to post the recipe and I've just never got around to doing it. We made them one moring on Spring Break so I decided to take pictures and post the recipe.
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup butter

Put butter in a 9x13 pan and place in a 425 degree oven. Meanwhile, blend eggs and milk in blender, slowly adding flour. Continue to blend for approximately 1 minute after all ingredients are added. Once buter is melted in the pan, pour in egg mixture. Bake for 20 minutes. Good with thickened berries or syprup and powdered sugar.
It only stays puffed up like this for a few seconds once you take it out of the oven.

3 comments:

Marla and Rob said...

Looks yummy!! I'm going to try it. The boys seem to love anything with syrup:). Wonder why?!?! Thanks for remembering and posting the recipe.

Tamara said...

That is one of my favorite breakfast foods!! :-)

Tamara

JoEllen said...

We make these on Sundays sometimes, they are yummy!