Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Winter Weather Advisory

**EDIT 1/15** Kyler is doing just fine this Thursday morning--so I feel much better--other than the fact it is neg 15 this morning.




So school was cancelled today because we were under a winter weather advisory~blizzard like conditions? It snowed "pretty" all day but really no wind until tonight. And the temp had dropped very low! We are to have anywhere between -20 to-40 windchill. School is already cancelled for tomorrow. Must be because it's to cold. The kids went out earlier this morning to play in it. It was actually not to bad. No wind. They only lasted though about 20 minutes. Kyler has not been feeling well this week. Started on Sunday with a headache and he went to school on Monday but was miserable by Monday evening. He is not running a temp...he's eating ok...just has a headache...and really not to much energy. Taking about two naps a day? I'm starting to get worried...Hope he's not getting pneumonia again? The no fever thing is throwing me though. Mike was upset I let him go out and play outside today....but this morning he was acting fine and normal and then this afternoon after lunch he told me his head hurt and he took some Advil and then layed down and slept for almost 5 hours? Guess I will see how it goes tomorrow. He missed school Tuesday and then was going to miss today and when I went to wake Michaela up this morning she wanted to know the lunch menu and I got online to the school's website and found out about the NO SCHOOl thing. A few extra days for him to rest will not hurt I'm sure. This is the first winter in 4 years he's not had pneumonia.

4 comments:

Marla H. said...

I hope Kyler stays well. :) I am loving the "snow days," but not liking the cold. I guess that's what we get for living in the MidWest!

Trudy said...

I love the pictures of the kids! Great job! I agree these negative temps are super cold!...but I am thankful to have snow with it! God Bless!

Tamara said...

BRRR!! Glad that it doesn't get that cold in Oregon! :-) I am glad that Kyler is feeling better.

Tamara

Sara said...

Oh my! And I think our fog and 32 degrees is cold! I'm thankful that we don't get cold temperatures like that!

Sara K.