Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mommy's special time with the kiddo's!


Another fun adventure today since I don't have a clock to punch! I took Kaden to lunch at "Just Hamburger's" and he had a hamburger, french fries and a strawberry milkshake. Then we went to school and had lunch with Michaela. We just had 10 minutes though before he was to be in class so he just sat with us for a bite. Michaela had pizza boats, green beans, peaches and a vanilla ice-cream cup. Wow--the volume in the lunch room was extremely high! I forgot to take the 4 Advil before entering. I then went out to recess with her and had fun pushing all the girls high on the swings. It was sunny and somewhat warm so it was very enjoyable!
And last on the agenda for today was helping Kyler's teacher do this turkey project. We used cinnamon pinecones and then decorated them with pipe cleaners. It was fun to spend the afternoon then with his 5th grade class reading a chapter in a Christmas story and then playing some Turkey Trivia. Then the real high light was the fact that they didn't have to ride the bus home for an hour. Mommy took them home. When I pick the kids up I usually treat them to some drink from IGA. They love to go in and pick something out special. Michaela had her Berry Propel and the boys love this Mexican pop that comes in glass jars. So we make our purchase and we are going back outside to the car and Kaden is holding his glass jar of Apple Soda and he's looking at the car parked next to us. It had Sponge Bob seat covers. And all the sudden he tripped on the parking block in front of him that he didn't see and fell flat on his face and you guessed it...the glass bottle exploded and he landed on it and was screaming! It could have been much worse but he just ended up with a very LARGE bruise on his hip and a glass cut on top of his pelvis area that was bleeding pretty good and wet pants and shirt. So I told the older two to get in the vehicle and I had to go back into the store with a sobbing child to try and get some help. It was tramatic! And what a screne. I just wanted a bandage of some sort to help with the bleeding and get home so I could nurse it for him. Once we had some ice, bandage and a new bottle of Apple Soda (compliments of IGA) we were on our way. He had lots of little mommies wanting to console him and that just made him cry all the harder. The sight of blood does that to him. In the end it's only a few mm long and a good washing it out and some antibiotic cream and we are good to go with a spiderman bandaide. The bruise on his hip is about the size of a baseball. I'm sure it will be sore for a few days. Now I was really needing that Advil. What an adventure for one afternoon.

4 comments:

Miller Family said...

WOW - What a day! Glad all turned out well! Happy Thanksgiving Stork Family!!

Anonymous said...

I can't help but notice how excited Kyler looks in the picture! Whitney

karen bode said...

oh my goodness poor kid poor you! I am glad he is ok that is such a cute pic of Kyler with his dog whose dog? did you have a good Thanksgiving love you guys
Karen

Tamara said...

Looks like you had a fun day at school!!! To bad it had to end the way it did! Hope that Kaden is feeling all better now.