Saturday, September 27, 2008

From Day to Day

Sing unto the Lord, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day.Psalm 96:2

“One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple” (Psalm 27:4).

All the days of my life? “Day after day” often gets us down. The mundane things of life wear us out. How can we show forth His salvation day to day?

I often think of a man in a wheelchair, who told me the months and weeks fly, but the days drag by at times. This is when we often become weary, and we falter and faint. Paul writes, “And let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not” (Galatians 6:9).

The evil one uses the nitty-gritty things of day by day living to wear us down. Unless we have a vibrant life in Christ on a daily basis, we soon lose out. Can we renew our covenant relation with God day by day? After all, His mercies are new every morning. We can have the work of the cross as a daily experience by faith in the living God.

I have been shocked by how many middle-aged and older people lose out in their walk with God. May we live for God day by day and be ready when He calls us home!
Allan Miller, Sarcoxie, MO
My heart is fixed, O God my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise.
—Psalm 57:7

No comments: