Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kindergarten here I come!

So today was the day! Kaden had 4 shots and is ready for school. He had a smile left for the sweet nurse Wendy with a few tears. We have a tradition I started with the kids...when you have your kindergarten shots if there is no OUT LOUD crying and temper tantrum we visit Walmart when we are done and they can pick any toy as a treat! Of course they shed a few tears. I know they hurt. But we just cry softly while mommy holds them. He did really great. I'm telling them not to cry and mommy has to be careful I don't cry. After the doctor's appointment we headed to the courthouse for the official birth certificate because we needed one of those also for registration. Then off to Walmart for his treat and then school supply shopping. Wow! It's great to have that done! Three kids and several $$ later--we are set. I think? Once they find out who their teachers are we have a few more things to pick up. Each teacher has a special list also. But for the most part the big job is out of the way! Yeah! Oh, do you wonder what he picked out at Walmart? If you know Kaden it had to be some form of a gun. He got a nerf gun dart board. He is having fun playing with it this afternoon.

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

i can't believe your baby is gonna be in kindergarten!!!