Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Buckley VS Paxton Firehouse



Last night baseball games started! Yeah--It's alway so fun to load up and head for the diamond. Kyler had a great first game and his team did awesome! A few weeks back I was listening to the local Christian radio station WBGL 91.7 and they have this game they play on Friday mornings called the gender blender. Anyway one of the questions Tim asked the lady was "What...if you hit a "cycle" in baseball what happens?" I had no idea--but soon heard what the answer was. It's where a player hits a single, double, triple and a home run all in the same game. Well wouldn't you know it...that's what Kyler did last night. It was so cool! And the best part was Mike was able to be there last night for the game so he got to see it. He hit a inside the park home run. They call him "lightening" on his team for a reason. Those long lean legs of his can move fast .



Up to bat



New Minor League rules are pitchers can only pitch two innings a game. They went to this rule nation wide due to the serious number of shoulder injury's in younger athletes. I say that's awesome! Kyler was able to pitch in a game for the first time last night. He was so excited. He had two walks and 6 strike outs. Not bad for the first time on the mound. Well see how he does this season though--could be beginners luck.


Up to bat

Michaela had fun running around with her friend Anna.
Anna's brother Tommy played for the other team.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kirra is in softball this year for the first time. As a result we've been practicing together as a family and having so much fun! I think it's been good for all of us! Tell Kyler to keep up the great work!

JoEllen

Rebekah said...

Sounds like you've got quite the athlete! Sounds like fun!

Also, I didn't mind at all you playing with Aria in church...she was loving it. Obviously, my other daughter needed all my attention on Sunday :(

Anonymous said...

Wow! Way to go Kyler! I'm sure you will have a great season, be sure to keep me posted!

- Michael A.

Sara said...

Great job, Kyler! I hope this is the beginning of a great season! Have fun!

Love,
Sara K.