Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Weekend Get-A-Way



Mike surprised me with a night away to Chicago for Valentines this year. I came home late Thursday night to find these pretty roses on the counter with a VERY LARGE Valentines card next to it. He had all the kids write notes in there and tell me what they loved about me...their mommy. It was so special. It's 1AM and I'm in the kitchen in tears but feeling all warm and fuzzy because my family took time to let the mommy know they loved me! Mike was up early Friday morning ready to pack and be on the road. We left at 8:30 and had breakfast out and then I enjoyed shopping at a really nice LARGE outdoor mall. We had pretzels in the afternoon for lunch and Mike feed the birds. We picked out Michaela's Easter dress together--found a few things for the boys also. Then Mike had my nails done--something I would never really do but it was so fun! Then we had dinner out at a really nice steakhouse. I ended up having some fabulous salmon! Then back to our suite. It was a really nice one--for some relaxation! You would think we'd sleep in but I was up by 6:30 Saturday morning. We went out for breakfast and I ordered french toast with strawberries and cool whip! Yummy! I hated for the fun to end but wanted to get back so we wouldn't miss the kids basketball games. I am truely blessed with a very special husband and kids that I LOVE!!! Thanks Mike--You are the best!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

What a fun get-a-way!!! You have a very sweet husband!! :-)

Tamara

Mindy said...

That is so sweet the Mike suprised you!

Michael makes fun of me because I always say I'm going to sleep in on trips away without the boys and I'm always up around 7 and ready to go. :) Although when we went away to St. Louis for VDay I slept until 8!! I was pretty proud of myself! :) And Michael was thankful for a little extra sleep too!

Miller Family said...

Oh - so neat!! Glad you had a great time! Tell Mike he did good!