Kaden is enjoying his broccoli soup? I made soup the other night with grilled cheese and Kaden has never liked any vegetables. Our deal is usually this...whatever age you are that's the number you eat. So if we are having greenbeans he has to eat "5" of them! So his look of dismay last night was hilarious! Soup--how do I count out 5 broccoli's? Well I told him it was not the game tonight--he'd have to eat the whole serving before leaving the table! Well once I told him that this broccoli was from Grandma Mary in Oregon he decided it was the best he's ever had! He LOVED grandma Mary's broccoli!! Of course--anything Grandma Mary is always the BEST! Kyler even commented he does not LIKE broccoli either but this stuff from Grandma Mary was the best he's ever had! Well the kids raced to the end and the winner was KADEN!! He finished first! And he didn't even gag!! Maybe my persistance is paying off! I will get this kid to eat his veggies without such a fuss all the time! And I will say this soup was yummy! I started with a cream base and then added some cheese and it was so good! Way better than the canned stuff! Homemade was not so hard after all!
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Grandma Mary's Broccoli is the BEST!
Kaden is enjoying his broccoli soup? I made soup the other night with grilled cheese and Kaden has never liked any vegetables. Our deal is usually this...whatever age you are that's the number you eat. So if we are having greenbeans he has to eat "5" of them! So his look of dismay last night was hilarious! Soup--how do I count out 5 broccoli's? Well I told him it was not the game tonight--he'd have to eat the whole serving before leaving the table! Well once I told him that this broccoli was from Grandma Mary in Oregon he decided it was the best he's ever had! He LOVED grandma Mary's broccoli!! Of course--anything Grandma Mary is always the BEST! Kyler even commented he does not LIKE broccoli either but this stuff from Grandma Mary was the best he's ever had! Well the kids raced to the end and the winner was KADEN!! He finished first! And he didn't even gag!! Maybe my persistance is paying off! I will get this kid to eat his veggies without such a fuss all the time! And I will say this soup was yummy! I started with a cream base and then added some cheese and it was so good! Way better than the canned stuff! Homemade was not so hard after all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Of course anything from Grandma Mary is the best!!! Her hugs are the best too!! :-)
Tamara
I just popped in to say hi. You have a beautiful family. I was glad to see that reading is a part of your profile. :) Thanks for the invite and I'll be back again.
Shelly
Post a Comment