Thursday, October 2, 2008

Eye Examination




Romans 8:6--For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

We all have glasses. I am not talking about physical glasses. Spiritual glasses. We have a preconceived view of this world through the lense of certain thoughts and ideas. Depending on what we believe, will determine how we see everything around us.

The Bible tells us to wear the glasses of the Holy Spirit. As Christians, we are to view our posessions, ourselves, and every person we meet through the lense of the Holy Spirit.

Is your job just a way to make money....or a ministry? At Wal-mart, is the cashier just a cashier...or a soul that will stand before God one day? When you look at your house, your car, your nice clothes, your lake cottage, whatever...do you see a future burn pile? Do you look at your bank account...or do you look at God's bank account that He has given you charge over?

When was the last time you had an eye examination? Maybe it is time to ask the Holy Spirit to be your eye doctor and pray to see things as He does. Eternally.

I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun; not only because I see it, but by it, I see everything else. ~C.S. Lewis

No comments: