But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. --I Timothy 6:6-8
Have you ever said, "If I could only have such and such, I would be content."? If you have said this, you are greatly mistaken about what true contentment actually is. True contentment is knowing and trusting that God will provide what is necessary to carry out His work and we need not to worry about it. True contentment is realizing we brought nothing in and we will take nothing out. So, why be so concerned about getting everything materially when you started and will end with nothing?
Easy said…hard to live.
Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of what you already have.
Have you ever said, "If I could only have such and such, I would be content."? If you have said this, you are greatly mistaken about what true contentment actually is. True contentment is knowing and trusting that God will provide what is necessary to carry out His work and we need not to worry about it. True contentment is realizing we brought nothing in and we will take nothing out. So, why be so concerned about getting everything materially when you started and will end with nothing?
Easy said…hard to live.
Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of what you already have.
No comments:
Post a Comment