Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hydrangea

I have a huge bush of these and for some reason I only have ONE bloom? So this morning I was out watering flowers and thought...I should clip it and bring it inside to enjoy. Does anyone have any ideas or know something about this flower to increase my blooms? Any hints would be welcomed! Thanks!

1 comment:

Pam F said...

First of all, I am not an expert with plants. (My husband is, but he is already asleep, so I don't want to wake him to ask.) However, I believe that the blooms on your plant (Annabelle Hydrangea) only bloom on new growth. I would suggest that you check the web for info. You may want to start with the Extension Service through the land-grant university in your state. In Illinois that would be the University of Illinois. Check out Horticulture at http://web.extension.uiuc.edu/state/index.html. Do a search for Annabelle Hydrangea on that site and you should find something. I hope that this helps.