Thursday, May 29, 2008

School's OUT

A PENNY FOR LUCK
My end of the year gift to you is a penny, but why?
*Look at the penny and you will understand. Honest Abe Lincoln reminds you to always be honest with yourself and others.
*Look at the word LIBERTY--In the Navy, liberty means you are free to do as you like. you are free for the summer....don't waste your freedom.
*A penny says, IN GOD WE TRUST--you must trust in someone or something, you can't go through life alone. Trust in yourself, trust in God, make the right choices and enjoy the life you make.
*A penny may be worth only one cent, and you can't buy much with a penny anymore. But surely if you work hard and save your pennies, they will amount to something.
*Go out into the world and amount to something. Set your own value on life, set your own standards and goals, work hard and MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!

I was impressed with the note sent home with Kyler today on the last day of school.


School's OUT and we are ready for summer! The kids had to ride the bus in this morning just to pick up report cards and return home! Wow--can't beleive they are all ours for about 90 days!

4 comments:

Jami said...

Well hi Marie! Welcome to blogland! :) I love the idea you put on my blog about praying with each child before school. I am going to do that with Paige. Thanks!!

Smileyface said...

what an awesome note from school! is the teacher a christian?
did you know mom just had surgery today with dr rowe?

Smileyface said...

ps. i love your idea of praying with the kids before school...i can't wait to use that. Gabe and I do it at breakfast, but of course he's not talking really well yet...I am looking forward to hearing him actually pray other than just folding his hands ;)

Mindy said...

Hey Marie! Welcome to the world of blogging!

Not to sound like a broken record but I also thought it was a great idea to pray with your kids before school every day!